Monday, January 28, 2013

Black Bean Chocolate Cake

Chocolate cake - 4868339

I got tricked into eating Black Bean Chocolate Cake the other day at Zumba.
It didn't taste like black beans. Just chocolate cake.

The recipe was easy enough. A box of chocolate cake mix, a can of black beans-- drained and pureed, and a half a cup of water.

The problem is, I am not that interested in boxed cake.
Too many ingredients I can't pronounce.

So I decided to try my own tonight from scratch.
And it was fantastic.

Black Bean Chocolate Cake

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 can black beans, drained, and pureed in the blender
1/2 cup water

Powdered sugar for dusting-- no need for frosting with this recipe unless you really really want too.

I added some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for fun as I think there is nothing that goes better with chocolate than chocolate. But they aren't needed.


I mixed it all together in my KitchenAid.

Preheat Oven to 350.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.

No milk, no eggs, no oil or butter!
Most of my ingredients were organic to boot!
Awesome awesome awesome.
I love when we can eat well and not feel deprived as we try to eat real food.

No comments:

Post a Comment