Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crunchmaster Healthy Snacks: Info and Coupon


I got an email for a $1 coupon for Crunchmaster snacks.

Gluten Free
Saturated Fat Free
Peanut Free
Soy Free
Cholesterol Free
Low Sodium
100% Whole Grains

It seemed to good to be true.
I skipped on over to the website to see the list of ingredients.
Corn.
Corn.
Corn.
Yikes.

So I emailed them and asked them about GMO-corn.
Here is their response:

Melinda, 
Thank you for the nice compliment on our Crunchmaster crackers.  We are glad that you enjoy them and appreciate your business. 

Our list of certified GMO free items is located on the Non GMO project website:  http://www.nongmoproject.org/take-action/search-participating-products/search/?brandId=395.  We use 100% pure, California rice in our products.  For the items like our Original Multi-Seed crackers that have a small amount of corn used as a flow agent in the seasoning, labeled as maltodextrin [corn], we have verified that the corn is GMO free.  The tamari seasoning that we incorporated into some of our products is a wheat - free, GMO free tamari soy sauce from San - J.  For more information, see http://www.san-j.com/product_info.asp?id=3. 

We do have 3 items (Sea Salt, White Cheddar & Roasted Vegetable Multi-Grain Crackers) that contain corn as a primary ingredient.  Unfortunately, our supplier of the corn (U.S. origin) used in these items has not been able to verify that it is GMO free.  As a result, you may want to avoid these items. 

What impresses me most is the transparency and honesty.
I really appreciate that I got a response within hours of my inquiry and that I was given the exact information I needed.
So here is a link if you want to give Crunchmaster a try:

$1 off coupon




No comments:

Post a Comment