Friday, March 9, 2012

I need your help with a recipe: Cream of Chicken Soup

I make my family a recipe called Haystacks.
It starts with rice.
Then you add shredded cheese and chicken.
Then you add a cream of chicken sauce.

Topping include peas, chow mein noodles, almond slivers, pineapple chucks, coconut, green onions, etc etc etc. Really whatever you want. It sounds super weird, but it is one of the few things I can get my entire family to eat-- mostly because they can customize their toppings to their preferences.

Here is the problem. One of my resolutions is to be an MSG FREE home. We can't avoid it at restaurants or when we are invited to eat at someone else's house, but I can choose what comes in my home. Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup has MSG in it. Even the "healthy" version.
I can't find a good replacement.
So I want to learn to make it from scratch. I want a nice rich creamy sauce that isn't too difficult to make.

Do you have a recipe?

PLEASE leave your recipe in the comments below.

THANK YOU!

Melinda

UPDATE: Thank you to Melinda (not me another one) for submitting this recipe. It tells you how to convert a basic recipe into Cream of Chicken, Tomatoe, or Mushroom. Nice!
Cream of Chicken Soup Substitution

1 comment:

  1. I did see this one. It seems simple. http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cream_chicken_soup

    ReplyDelete