Monday, March 5, 2012

Who's in the hot tub with Monsanto?

Here is a list of companies that are either owned by, or have contracts with Monsanto.
Why does this matter?
It means these products are made with high pesticide GMO's which are harmful to your body.
It's a scary list. These are the brands we grew up on and most  likely you are dependent on a few of these guys for your staples.

I suggest going over the list and seeing how many of these you buy. And then deciding on one to eliminate at a time. Start with something easy, like switching from Aunt Jemima to 100% REAL Maple Syrup. Aunt Jemina is just flavored corn syrup anyway. Or Totino's. It is very easy make your own pizza snacks with 100% natural mini bagels topped with tomatoe sauce and cheese.


Round Up
Aunt Jemima
Quaker
Betty Crocker
General Mills
Bisquick
Duncan Hines
Jiffy
Ms. Butterworths
Pepperidge Farms
Campbells
Aurura Foods
Kraft /Phillip Morris
Post Cereals
Hershey's Nestle
Carnation
Holsum
Interstate Bakeries
Best Foods
Knorr
Kelloggs
Nature Valley
Nabisco
Pilsbury
Heinz
Hellmans
Hunts
KC Masterpiece
Frito Lay / Pepsi
Delicious Brand Cookies
Famous Amos
Keebler / Flower Industries
Banquet
Green Giant
Healthy Choice
ConAgra
Kid Cuisine
Stouffers
Lean Cuisine
Marie Callenders
Ore-Ida
Smart Ones
Power Bar
Chef Boyardee
Hormel
Loma Linda
Morningstar
Lipton
Unilever
Uncle Ben's
Rice A Roni / Pasta Roni
Tombstone Pizza
Totino's
Orville Redenbacher
Pop Secret
Pringles
Procter and Gamble
Coca Cola
Minute Made
Cadbury
Capri- Sun
Cool Aid
Ocean  Spray
V-8
Prego Sauce
Ragu Sauce



I know, I know. It's a long list. But when you really think about it,  most of this stuff isn't really real food anyway. Just because it's edible, it doesn't make it food. This is mostly just over processed factory creations, high in fat, sugar, and chemicals anyway. So tally up your score and see how many are in your pantry and then pick one to eliminate. Step by step my friend. We are going to make it!

A special thank you to Dea Lowry for providing this list.
And a note to say I have tried to verify this list and can't seem to, so take it with a grain of salt.

4 comments:

  1. Right off the bat I know I have Heinz Ketchup and Best Foods mayo, also Hershey's cocoa powder. I think that is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Food's Mayo is my favorite mayo. That is going to be hard to replace. We got some cereals, pasta sauces, capri suns, etc in the pantry. I think I use 13 of these companies. I am NOT giving up cadbury creme eggs though! Although my sister found a recipe to make them yourself. If they are close to the real thing, I will convert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew a lot of these foods were somehow linked to Monsanto, via documentaries like King Corn (2007) and Forks Over Knives (2011) - both of which can currently be watched via/added to one's Instant Queue on Netflix.

    Thanks for posting this, Melinda, and thanks to you and Kristi for starting this exemplary, necessary site. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to write: ". .. Forks Over Knives (2011), but I didn't know the list might be that extensive..."

    ReplyDelete