Friday, January 13, 2012

Organic Fingerling Potatoes at Raley's or Nob Hill

Raleys Bel Air Nob Hill Foods

Raley's and Nob Hill and Bel Air are all the same store. Just FYI. The coupons for one work at the other 2.

This week Organic Fingerling Potatoes are on sale 2/$5.
I just paid $5 a pack at Safeway 2 days ago so I kind of want to stomp my foot and roll around on the ground in a little fit.
Instead- I am just going to go to Raley's and get these ones too. If kept in a cool dry place, potatoes will keep quite nicely, so I am going to stock up.





Sometimes we can't afford to buy ALL organic. My suggestion is to start with the produce that absorb the most pesticide and toxins. If you can just buy these ones organic you are making a huge difference in the health of your family and their exposure to harmful chemicals.

The general rule is Thick Skin Ok. Thin Skin Go Organic. Thin skins would be apples, strawberries, potatoes, carrots. Anything that grows under ground is absorbing more pesticide. Anything where you are eating the skin is also on the "dirty list".

Things like avocado, oranges, watermelon, bananas, where you do not eat the skin and peel it away are safer.

I'll post the "dirty list" later.  It's very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment