Saturday, February 18, 2012

Consider The Grocery Outlet

Grocery Outlet StorefrontI'll admit it. When I think of The Grocery Outlet my first thought is a run-down store full of poor people buying overstocked potatoe chips and generic soda pop.

But I need to get over this.
It's prejudice. And wrong.

The Grocery Outlet is a little hidden gem in our community and I ask you to consider taking a trip and checking it out.

Yes, it is full of overstock items. The Grocery Outlet wheels and deals with Manufacturer's and negotiates a very low price and passes those savings on to you. Since the price is already very low-- they DO NOT accept coupons of any kind. Even with this policy they can often beat my coupon buy price.
For example, this week I picked up Stonyfield Organic Yogurt Cups for only $.50 each. This is a rock bottom price even if I went somewhere else and shopped a sale with a coupon.

In addition, inventory varies from store to store. So if you see a hot deal in an advertisement I would call ahead to see if your store has the item in stock. And if you find something you like -grab a lot of it. You don't know if it will be there on your next trip.

Here are just a few gems I saw at the Livermore store this week:

Stonyfield Organic Yogurt $.50
Horizon Organic Cream Cheese 8 oz $1.49
Tuberz Organic Yogurt 8 ct $1.49
Yucatan Organic Guacamole $2.49
Jensen's All Natural Chips 7 oz $1.49
Juicy Juice 100% Juice  64 oz $1.49

They also had a nice variety of Organic and Natural Hair and Body Care items. If you are out and need something, but there are no sales going on and you don't have a coupon-- I would suggest checking here first. Most of the organic items were about 50% less than regular retail prices.

For example:

Tom's of Maine Toothpaste $2.69
Tom's of Maine Deodorant $2.49
Kiss My Face Deodorant $1.99
Naturally FreshDeodorant $2.99
Alba
Nature's Gate
Renpure
Delon
Jason
Burt's Bees

Are you surprised to see so many organic product lines????  I was too.
And they really are at a much lower price than other retailers.

So go grab your freshly cleaned reusable shopping bag and give The Grocery Outlet a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I will try to get over my prejudices! Maybe I will make it a goal to go there when I go to Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete