Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Number #1 Rule to Successful Coupon Shopping

It's so simple, as if you've always known it. The #1 Rule to maximize the value of a coupon and get that amazing deal that makes all your Facebook friends sick with envy is to

HOLD YOUR COUPON UNTIL THE ITEM GOES ON SALE.


Never use a coupon on a full priced item. I know - it's hard- you get that sucker hot off the printer and you want to run down and use it. But don't. Be patient. Hold on to it and wait for the golden opportunity.

Here is my most recent example of this principle.
I have a coupon for $3 off 1 JASON product. I want to buy JASON products because they are Organic and Chemical free. The Fragrance free body wash is $12.
$3 Off is only a 25% savings. And let's face it, $9 for a bottle of body wash is still cringe worthy.

But at the store I notice many of the JASON products are on clearance 50% off. I don't even look at the full priced items. I hone in on the sales. That $12 body wash is only $5.97.
Now I use my $3 off coupon and I've scored 75% off.
$2.97.
Now that's the kind of price I want to pay for a bottle of body wash. And because I have leveraged my coupon, I've scored a lovely fragrance free, paraben free, natural, certified organic, body wash by JASON.
There were items even cheaper that could have made this deal almost free, but I really wanted to try the body wash.
 Jason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance FreeJason Satin Shower Body Wash Fragrance Free
PS- I bought the Jason Body Wash From Whole Foods Markets. Go check your store to see what they have for 50% off this week!

PPS- Don't live near a Whole Foods Market? Vitacost.com has a bunch of JASON on sale half off right now too. If you are a NEW customer you can get $10 off your first order by using my referral link http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralActionId=754000062003

No comments:

Post a Comment