Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My CVS Shopping Trip

Here is the breakdown of my shopping trip: CVS/pharmacy

Retail Value: $39.44
Sale Price    : $27.49
ECBS used  : $20.00
Coupons      : $  4.50
Total           : $   3.49
With Tax    : $   5.35

My OOP was $5.35 AND they gave me back $8.00 in ECBs for a PROFIT of $2.65

It takes a month or 2 to get your ECBs built up, but as you can see, it makes all the difference.
They PAID me to shop!

2 noteworthy deals were :

Pantene Nature Fusion.

A924993
A plant based shampoo and conditioner and also a plant based bottle.
It's not organic, but it's a stepping stone. And it sends a message to Pantene that we want more products like this. I like to reward good behavior. Normally $5, they were on sale 2/$6.97. I had a coupon for $3 off 2, plus I got $1 ECB back, bringing the price to $1.50 each, or 65% off.

Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara


On Sale Spend $10 get $7 ECBs back.
Price: $10.49
ECBs $7.00
Final Price $3.49 or 71% off.

I am slowing switching all of my make up over to paraben free. I wish I could dump it all out and replace the whole lot with organic, but then we wouldn't be able to eat that week. Buying it piece by piece as the good deals become available I can convert to safer cleaner make up without impacting my budget.

Hope you found this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment