Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Spending This Week 2/9/12

Every week I look at the ads from the paper and then wait a day or two for my favorite blogs to post the best match ups for the week. Then I decide who gets my money for the week.

Typically CVS and Safeway win my consumer dollars, but this week they couldn't entice me into their stores.

And Nob Hill won.

Thumbnail of Freebie

My total came out to $130.00
Store Sales saved me  $38.00
Raley's Ecoupons        $22.00
Manu. Coupons          $12.00

Total Savings:              $72.00
Total OOP:                 $58.00

That is a savings of 56%
My goal for grocery store shopping is to hit the 50% mark, so this was a success in my book.
It included many items from the Natural Food aisle and organic veggies.

In addition, I can submit my receipt and get a $14 rebate for some of my purchases through a deal in last Sunday's paper, reducing my OOP even more.

By only spending $58 at Nob Hill, I didn't feel so bad heading on over to Trader Joe's and paying $6.19 for a gallon of Organic Milk. I bought a 2 lb bag of organic apples for $2.49. And Organic salad mixes for $1.99 each. I also bought a loaf of  Sprouted Bread since that seems to be all the rage. It was $2.99.
So that was an additional $16.




So $58 at Nob Hill and $16 at Trader Joe's. Only $74. That allows me the wiggle room to then snag the deals on line when I see things on sale or clearance, like the Organic Pancake Mix earlier in the week.

How did you do this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment